Sunday, December 28, 2008

Heart of the Adventurer


Here are some of the things I got for xmas. This is the newest Salvatore book; The Pirate King. I love the way he writes I feel like I'm there in the heart of the battle, with the smell of the sea and the thrill of the Hunt. Arrr!!

I also got the first 2 seasons of the Heman cartoon series. Good stuff man! I used to love He-man when I was growing up. Classic battle of good vs evil.



A Romo jersey, I'm wearing it today and hopefully I get to wear it for at least one more game before I have to keep it my closet until the next season begins. Incidentally, it happens to be my first actual Jersey that I have ever owned. Score!!! Thanks babe!



I didn't get this book, but I did want to point it out, because after looking at my bag of goodies I realized the truth of this book. That deep within the heart of every man there is a desire for adventure, danger, and something worth risking life and limb for. The book is a good read and I highly recommend it. It explains how God designed us this way. Look at the world these days, its so tamed, and it has domesticated us... so to speak. But just imagine when the earth was still wild and untamed and man ventured into the wilderness, conquered it, tamed it, and protected it. *Sigh*
The good news is that we still get to get our fix, via camping, hiking, and building. Not to mention we can live vicariously through the hearts of the Heroes we read about and characters we play in video games. We can still carve out the lives for a families via our work, but even life behind a desk can't quench the fires of a man's heart.
-John

No comments: