Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Journey towards the heart

I just want to say that I Love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love this time of year with all the Holiday Music, the gift giving, the smell of the Christmas Tree, Holiday cooking, and gathering with loved ones. Most of all I love knowing that God exists, I love knowing that he died so that I'm not a slave to sin, I love knowing that he accepts me as I am and has taken me from where I was and is still changing me into an instrument for him. I am reminded about the type of woman that Mary was, that the Lord chose her to be an instrument. I love her humanity at how she was fearful of the angel, but humbly did as the lord choose for her body as a vessel for our savior. I am inspired by her trust that led her to obedience. I am reminded of all the characteristics that I love about God, his Grace, his patience, his compassion, his tenderness, his righteousness, and his Love.

I title this blog the Journey towards the heart, because that is what life is, a journey towards the heart. Having lived life, I have found that it is tough, its wrought with disappointment, heartache, as well as wonderful and fantastic times. I have become calloused to the world and isolated myself from the people in it, fearful that they would try to use me, or take advantage of me in some sort of way. I became selfish and self serving and do what I saw fit for my life. But I have found that through this year that the Lord has been working on my heart to be thoughtful and compassionate vs. crittical and defensive, but its not unexpected, I asked for it, and he does what he does and answered that prayer. I am amazed at how much I love hearing the truth of the word. He's exposed my character defects and begun a work in me. I never thought I would be talking like this in my whole life, but here I am.

I just wanted to share my heart and my thoughts in that I'm thankful for all the God has done in my Life and continues to do so. I am also still a work in progress, and I'm grateful to know that God has given me the gift of grace as he continues to do his work. I'm also thankful for my beautiful Wife and baby Sofia, and Thankful for my family, friends, and people that God has placed in my life.

Love you guys,
John

No comments: