Thursday, December 4, 2008

Paint Job

This past Thanksgiving weekend John and I decided for the third time in 5 years in our house to change the wall colors of our house, again. The first color was brown, John picked it and I hated it so after two years of protesting, we changed to a color that I would be happy with, I picked red and we painted the hall way green. after two more years, we got tired and finally went to Home Depot and this time we decided as a couple to choose a color we would both be happy with and we picked a beautiful light blue and we love it. Now, I don't know how long it will be until we get bored with it but for now, it will stay blue.


We are prepping for the paint job. I loved the red but it made the house dark and we like alot of light inside.


I was getting creative before my hand got all tired.


I kinda miss the red....but now is too late.


It took 3 coats of primer to get the red completely cover and two coats of primer to get the green cover. I was tired and by the next day, we were asking ourselves what were we thinking...


Here's the blue we fell in love with!

S.s.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I like that blue. It must be so nice to have paint color. In newer base housing, you can't paint. What did you do in the hallway?

Jo said...

I really liket that blue. It must be so nice to paint. In most base housing now, you're not allowed to paint and white is very boring. Is it blue in the hallway too?

The Seaman's said...

Yeah, we painted the hallway as well. We wanted all one color. It looked weird having two colors that didnt' match at all. I agree white is boring.