Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sandra's New Year Resolution

Every year I write down a few things I would like to work on or accomplish. Last year I wrote down 5 resolutions and I accomplished three out of the five. One of them, I have to ask John how I did, it was "to be a good wife and mom." The other one I didn't do so well, it was to attend Mass regurlarly...with the birth of Sofia, I was not very good at it. Hopefully this year my attendance is better than 2008's.

Ok. So, what I did accomplished this year was: Run 3 5K's, well I ran more than that! so, Check! Maintain the same job for 2008, I kinda job hopped a little bit and so I decided to stay at HNTB, it does help when you like the company that you work for so this one was easy to keep; and the last one that I accomplished was to be in good shape, this one was hard but I did it! So, below are my resolutions for the new year.

2009's Resolutions are:

1. Go to Mass Regularly and give more to the Lord.
2. Be a good Wife and Mother
3. Keep Fit (Run the Half!)
4. Finish what I Start! (this will be the hardest, but I'm tired of looking at things I never finish!)
5. Cook more (or at least learn to cook all of my Mom's recipies, this is the second hardest!!)

So here they are. I think 5 resolutions are good enough for me. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many of them or I won't keep any.
God Bless!
-Sandra

2 comments:

Jo said...

This is petty, but it helps me. Instead of being a good wife and mom, be specific on a monthly basis. This month I will . . . not nag, spend 20 mintues quality time seeing how much I can make my kid giggle, spend a whole day not talking about myself and only listening, etc. I can achieve goals better when they are more focused.

The Seaman's said...

Hey good point Jo! Incidentally one of my resolutions was to be a better husband and father. I believe thinking along those lines, can challenge me to define what are some of the things I can do to be a better husband and or father.

John