Friday, February 13, 2009

1st Birthday!

I woke up this morning thanking the Lord for my daughter. A year full of so many unexpected and beautiful changes. Some were tough, like breastfeeding including pumping, waking up at all hours of the night, cleaning her belly button to heal (it took 5 weeks to get rid of it!) and going back to work and leaving her behind..oh and lastly postpartum I cried so much and felt helpless.

The beautiful things are endless. Saying I love you to a person who hasn't yet told me she loves me. I call that unconditional love. I began to understand unconditional love during my separation with John, but now, I am experiencing giving unconditional love just like it has always been given to me from above and for this I feel blessed.

2 day old Sofia - this picture was taken at the hospital.

Today! This picture was taken during her morning nap and we were starting to see that she was getting moody. I don't know how we got her to crack up a toothless smile!

No comments: