Friday, July 24, 2009

John's Garden

I have fallen a bit behind posting on John's garden. But in the last couple of weeks, we have gotten more tomatoes and for the first time bell peppers! Along with more beets, garlic, peppers, corn, green beans, cilantro, basil, oregano and thyme. I hear broccoli is coming. I can't wait for that!


And carrotts! tons of them! Yesterday I bought a small bag of carrotts and today, I got more than what I got yesterday out of the garden! This year's crop has truly been a blessing!


Oh and pumpkins! tons of them! We are making sweet treats out of them. John was trying to hold them off for decoration for Halloween but my auntie said, heck no! We are eating them!
Below, is an experiment by John and my Auntie is helping him. John wants to grow an avocado tree (yes, I know, in Texas) and so far the seed is doing exactly what it's suppossed to do. We'll see.

No comments: