Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2009 - Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I was vulnerable to complete strangers about the failure of my marriage and how God brought it back to life.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't do very well on my resolutions last year, so let's just say I'll keep the same ones for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Mrs. Cash and Mrs. MacIvor, they all gave birth to beautiful girls! Eva, Tatianna and Anjelika!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Thanks be to God!

5. What countries did you visit? The Country of Morning Sickness!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Besides more money... I believe is to be humble towards everyone even if they don't like me at all.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?Celebrating Sofia's 1st b/day! It was a blast! Taking Sofia to the pool every weekend; giving birth to Raquel and seeing her beauty; Buying a RECALLED SUV! Going to Jury Duty and being dismissed, all of us applauded and cheered!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth to another child. I never thought I would ever be a mom let alone of two.

9. What was your biggest failure? Misunderstood.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Plantar Fasciitis and a C-Section

11. What was the best thing you bought? Jane Austen Books, Pride and Prejudice DVD, Felt, Sofia's clothes, the nose cleaner for Sofia, tons of 80's groups greatest hits. This does not include our recalled Toyota.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

James Maloney for being vulnerable and open, for admitting his own mistakes and apologizing for his past behaviour.

Hollis Cash for admitting that words can hurt someone.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? When two people in my life decided to join forces and instead of talking about the issue decided to turn their backs on me and not to talk to me, their behavior depressed me.

14. Where did most of your money go? The hospital where I gave birth to Raquel, even though this time around we paid even less due to my health insurance being better than John's.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I got excited when I found out I was pregnant with Raquel, I wasn't quiet sure if I was going to be able to get pregnant again.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Closer to Love, Mat Kearney - LOVE THIS SONG! I heard this song in the Christian Station.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer?

I am happier but also overwhelmed; and yes, about 20lbs fatter, we are now poorer because we have an extra mouth to feed.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Running.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Crying.


20. How did you spend Christmas? Spend time with my family! John and my girls!


21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes, her name is Raquel.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Project Runway and Top Chef.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No, just my fat belly.

24. What was the best book you read? Pride and Prejudice!


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Ugh! Laurie Berkner Band, The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round, Old Mcdonald had a Farm, There was a Farmer had A Dog and BINGO was his name, The ABC's, Ensy Winsey Spider, London Bridge, Row Row Your Boat, etc, etc, etc...I know all the words to all these songs and more!

26. What did you want and get?

I got a healthy, hungry and loud screaming baby girl!

27. What did you want and not get? I wanted a Pathfinder and got a RECALLED TOYOTA!


28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hands Down: STAR TREK!


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

As I recalled, I was heavily pregnant then and only wanted to put my feet up. I turned..too old!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

By having reconciled with two members of my family.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Disastrous! I hate maternity clothes!

32. What kept you sane? My husband, who comforts me when I'm down; who tells me that he loves me just the way I am, who knows i'm not perfect.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

The two men who have played Mr. Darcy! Colin Firth and Matthew Mcfayden!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The stupid OBAMACARE!

35. Who did you miss?

My two sisters.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

My beautiful Raquel!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

Forgive those who dislike you even when they talk nasty stuff about you!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

it's your light, it's your way, Pull me out of the dark, Just to shoulder the weight, Cryin' out now, From so far away, You pull me closer to love.

-Sandra.

No comments: