Sunday, January 3, 2010

Movies We Watch


Movie: Star Trek

This movie is AWESOME! I give this movie an Oscar! Yes, John and I are Trekkie's! We like Star Wars, but Star Trek beats Star Wars hands down! We are fans of the Star Trek: The Next Generation, we couldn't get into the first Star Trek; we love Capt. Picard, Riker, Data, Worf. I remember like it was yesterday when I first fell in love with Star Trek. My friend Fernando made me sit through three hours of Star Trek and he sat there with me explaining everything and after three hours, I was hooked on this show and have been ever since.

At any rate, we give this movie 5 out of 5 and for us this is the movie of the year. We loved it so much we watched it twice! All the actors in this movie truly bring out the characters to life! The guy who plays Spock is awesome! My nephew Andrew came over and watch it with us; he also loved it. So, afterwards, as Trekkie's that we are, we put on the Next Generation series and my nephew was hooked and he announced with the Trekkie sign that he was now a new born Trekkie. John and I were touched! Now, all we have to do is to transform Sofia and Raquel to Trekkies so that we, as a family, may watch Star Trek together.

To conclude my thoughts about this movie, I can't not end without the following:

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations — to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Live Long and Prosper!!! (you may now "energize" if you are a trekkie you know what this means)


Movie: G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Action packed: Check
Great Humor: Check
Plot: Check
Leading Actor: Ok

Both of us give this move a C+ or 3.5 out of 5 stars. We watch the cartoon series when we were younger and I will dare to say it beats the movie. Marlon Wayans was pretty good and funny. We loved him in "White Chicks." But, overall, I wouldn't even bother buying this movie.

So, Live long and prosper.

No comments: