Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ouch


Went to my Foot Doctor today for my Plantar Fasciitis on my left foot and I was not expecting two injections on the bottom of my foot. Yes, it hurt so much I had tears only on my right eye, I'm not sure why my left eye didn't want to cry out from pain like my right eye did but nevertheless, it felt like someone was sticking a knife inside my foot.
Yes, that painful!

The pain on my left foot was just getting ridiculously awful that I was limping everywhere I went. It is even keeping me from running! So, that's when I decided to go to a Doctor.
Basically, he tells me that Plantar Fasciitis happens when:

A. one has a high arch. CHECK.

B. one has gained a lot of weight. CHECK
Symptons are: the bottom of your foot may hurt when standing, expecially first thing in the morning (CHECK!) Pain usually occurs on the inside of the foot, near the spot where your heel and arch meet. Pain may lessen after a few steps, but it comes back after rest or with prolonged movement.

Therefore, his instructions to me was to keep losing the weight and keep my left foot off the floor for two days. He understands that it will be hard with two kids but it needs to be done. I'm glad John understands my situation and will bathe both of the girls tonight and tomorrow night. He's a little nervous with Raquel since he's never bathe her before. Yes, this sucks! Doctor states that I should be feeling better in about 6 to 8 weeks from now. -Sandra.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have plantar fasciitis myself for a few months now. My podiatrist prescribed me with Custom made orthotics which did not work at all. There are Taping techniques that I find very useful. There are a few more self care techniques that I got from this informative website-http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/How_is_Plantar_Fasciitis_Treated

The Seaman's said...

Thank you for information! My doctor wants me to wear my running shoes for 10 days, concentrate on losing my extra 20lbs and stretching. I see him in 10 days for a check up and he states that I should start feeling better in 6 to 8 weeks. Thank you very much!! -Sandra.