Thursday, July 22, 2010

Movies We Watch

Movie: The Wolfman

Starring Benicio Del Toro as the Wolfman and Anthony Hopkins as the father. This movie reminded me again why I stopped watching scary movies. Because they are scary and I spend half the time with my eyes covered and asking John to tell me what's going on because I'm too scared to watch!

The guy who plays Agent Smith in the Matrix movies stars as the Detective trying to solve who the Wolfman is...or are! I decided not to have too many great expectations prior to watching it and I was correct, this movie did not leave me with a "Wow." This movie felt a little flat somewhere...The Wolfman graphics were great but the story line was somewhat flat.

All in all, we give a C+, the plus goes for the graphic effects..oh and the full moon! Definitely not for kids!


Movie: Gosford Park

This movie came out back in 2001! I was planning a wedding so I didn't see it and that is my excuse! A Young Clive Owens plays a servant.

This English movie drama is set in 1932 and it illustrates the fine line dividing the master-servant social structure and how often that line is crossed and in some cases sleeping with each other.

I call this movie "Gossip Park" If the master wanted to know something about the relative all they had to do was to send their servant to find out through the relatives servant. Very intriguing story lines, at times, I didn't know who was who, I got a little tangled up, I thank subtitles or I would have been really lost with all the different plots in this movie. Ending was excellent. Totally recommend this movie. Not for kids! or pre-teens.

A+

No comments: