Wednesday, July 6, 2011

5 Things About Me Today

1. Forgiveness means: disposition or willingness to fogive. Forgiveness frees both parties and allows healing to undo the damage that was done. I'm sure the person who called me last week will read this blog, but because it is my blog, I have the freedom to express whatever I want to say, therefore, I will say that it was nice to hear an apology rather than an e-mail apology. I think that it sets things in the right course. What was done three and a half years ago hurt me and when I think about it still hurts, but I feel that it takes courage to admit to fault as well as humility. Trust is hard to gain but I think that with the right ingredients and honesty strides can be made to redo the puzzle that once was.

2. Since I am in this topic, I will also add that I am no longer friends with someone that I loved very much but I couldn't take it anymore. There is only so much I can take, and I believe I can take a  whole lot but when that person cannot understand your current lifestyle situation and makes demands one has to make a touch choice. So, if this person still reads my blog, I'm not sure, I want to let you know that it hurts me to make this choice but I need friends who are not selfish. You will always be in my heart and prayers.

3. This morning while I was at the Toyota body shop getting my rental car and leaving my damaged Highlander due to vandalism (more on this later) I was taken to the rental car office where a lady was waiting to be helped. She was in a hurry and was upset that the rental car guy wasn't in. When the guy showed up, he asked, "who was here first?" "she was." I replied. The lady turned to me and said, "well, thank you, I really appreciate that!" The car rental guy left to get her car and the lady turned to me, "I really appreciate you helping me on this, I'm in a hurry, and I want to thank you by giving you this $10 Starbucks Gift Card." I was stunned. "Thank you, but it was nothing, really!" "No," she says, "I want to thank you for helping me." I took it and I was so very happy. These things don't happen to me all the time.

4. Last year we insulated our house to save on our electric bill but we didn't see a lot of difference, so we were upset. This year, we had issues with our A/C unit, John's uncle came by and fix it and we are happy to report that our electric bill has been cut in half!!!!!!

5. Sofia's is getting her Adenoids remove by the end of this month and I'm not looking forward to it, more on this later.

2 comments:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Wow, you've been going through a lot. Glad to hear about the gift card lady and the A/C unit being fixed. Nice how those things can make a difference when other things are going rough.

Prayers for your Sofia's surgery. That's not fun.

The Seaman's said...

it has been rough and I'm not through telling everything! I just have to find time!

God Bless