Sunday, October 9, 2011

20 + 20 = 40

Turning the big 4-0 got me thinking about everything that has led me to this day. My ups and downs, my failings, the people that I have lost, the grace, love, patience and forgiveness God has bestowed upon me despinte my sinful nature and struggle to accept many things I cannot change. Let's just say that the week before my big 4-0, I found myself depressed at the thought of not having to be able to talk to the people that I have lost.

But God has giving me great friends and family who I can lean on and most importantly, he gave me John who suprised me with a surprised birthday party and as everyone knows it is very hard to surprise me.



My sister Yesenia took me out to eat so John could get set up. 


It is normal in the Hispanic community to push one's face against the cake, actually it is almost expected. Pay back is a biatch and fun!




1 comment:

D.Richmond said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That cake was beautiful and I was so surprised when I saw the picture of your face in the cake. Oh, my!!

Enjoy your year!