Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Favorite Things This Month - March

1. My Dog, Coco Beware: We got Coco Beware on May 7th of last year from my sister n law, Vanessa. I didn't hesitate for a second but I did regret it just a little when I started training him. "What are you thinking!" I was told. "You have two children and now another dog! How do you have the time!?" Well, I didn't have the time, but what was I to do? I wanted a puppy and even though training takes time and lots and lots of patience, I took the challenge and went and did it. But now I'd like to report that Mr. Coco Beware is house broken, 100% trained by no other than me. It took exactly ten months to train him, actually I take that back it took, 8 months for him to hang out outside of his crate all day without any accidents and 10 months to sleep with my other two dogs, outside of his crate at night. I do take a lot of pride in training my dogs. I hate seeing dogs in crates all day long. With patience, persistence and well-rounded daily routine dogs can be easily trained to walk around the house with no accidents. Now, the only problem, I have with Coco is chews my daughters toys but, I give him a pass because he's still growing.

2. Fillo Dough: I love this dough! It is so easy to bake and make into exciting and easy pastries and Hors d'oeuvres. I don't mind spending more an hour or more working with Filo. I think I have finally found my niche.








3. Baba Ganoush: John worst mistake was to introduce to Baba Ganoush. I can devour this thing with all the pita breads in the world and be satisfied. I take the Ganoush over Hummus any day.










4. Garlic-Pepper Seasoning: I don't like pepper at all, but John bought this Garlic-Pepper seasoning as an additional spice for our foods and I have to say garlic gives it that little extra pepper push that I had not tasted before. Not bad!

No comments: