Monday, April 30, 2012

My Favorite Things This Month - April

1. Vikings Book - John is fascinated with Vikings. I wasn't until I started reading a Viking book he recently checked out from the library and next thing I know I had read some twenty pages. And what happened next? John took it back and didn't check it out again. So, next time, I'll check it out and finish reading what the Vikings were all about and how they converted to Christianity.









2. John's Retreat - I was very touched at all the letters family and freinds wrote for John for his Men's ACTS retreat. I didn't read them all but the one's that I read made me cry and smile. Javier's letter was very heartfelt and so was Chaz's. Z's letter was amazing! and Libby's, (John's mom) made me cry.







3. Starbucks VIA Ready-Brew Coffee - I love coffee but I was spending too much money. Then one day, I came upon this VIA Starbucks product and decided to give it a try. I loved it. I no longer have to spend $4 bucks for my favorite coffee. I now buy this packages and it takes me up to 3 weeks! That's a lot of savings!








4. Pearl Couscous with Crandberries - Andra and I went out to dinner at a Brazilian Steak house and upon serving my salad, I stumbled upon this Pearl Couscous rice I had never seen and lo and behold, I was hooked. So was Andra. The next day, I told John I wanted to make it with crandberries as well. Sofia and Raquel loved it. It is now a part of our menu.

No comments: