Friday, May 11, 2012

Time Magazine & Breastfeeding



What is big hoopla about moms and breastfeeding? Really! If a mother wants to breastfeed her child up to 4/5 years of age. Let her. If a mother wants to breastfeed in public. Let her! It is a natural thing to do. Yes, in public as well.

I grew up watching mothers breastfeed their children in public (El Salvador) and it showed me how much they love and care for their children. If people are offended don't look, don't stare, respect their God given right as a mother to breastfeed their children. For goodness sake, when did breastfeeding become such a abnormal thing to do?

Time describes the pillars of attachment parenting as:

•extended breast-feeding

•co-sleeping

•“baby wearing” - physically attaching children to parents with slings

In my very humble opinion, attachment parenting could mean many things, not just these three, but what is wrong with "attachment parenting when it is done in a healthy way?" I'm still attached to my mother! Because I love her!

I don't see a problem with these reasons. Feminist should really stop critizing and judging mothers who choose to breastfeed their children past the age of 2. I only wish I could have been able to breastfeed my daughters.

America leave the woman alone.

No comments: