Thursday, July 5, 2012

TSA Testing My Drink at the Airport

While I and my family waited at the Corpus Christi Airport, we noticed TSA walking towards the gates in front of us with Q-Tips and a sign. We thought someone was in trouble, then we noticed they were testing people's drinks they had purchased from the airport convenient stores. Then thirty minutes later they came to our gate and I had bought bottle water. The TSA agent come to me flashing a stupid sign that said they were going to test my water. "What do you think is in my water?" I asked and she looked at me with a face of how dare you speak or question me? I asked again since she didn't respond. "Well, we are testing for anything." "Like what?" I replied confronting her. "Dangerous Chemicals." She finally responded. "What makes you think the store is selling dangerous chemicals?" I asked. She didn't respond but I thought it was stupid that they will be testing people's drinks inside the gate. John said they were just wasting time since Corpus Christi is such small airport. They will need a whole different crew for Dallas.

Answer my darn my question, TSA, since I'm a legitimate Taxpayer!


GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. -
Passengers say their problem is not with the rules at the airport. They understand why drinks are not allowed through security, but when they buy one while they wait for their flight, they say the TSA should not ask to test it.

Passengers say traveling is a big enough stress, but now some are worried the drinks they are getting are not safe.
The TSA would not say what they are testing for or why they are doing it, but travelers say they have a right to know.
"I'm always glad that my safety is a priority, I just think testing drinks after they've already been bought might be a little extreme," infrequent flyer Jennifer Smart said.
"The water or or the juices or anything you buy here in the airport, TSA is going to come over and look and check and test it? That's just ridiculous," world traveler Thomas Burgard said.

No comments: