Sunday, November 15, 2009

Movies we watched

This weekend we watched two movies: Grand Torino and Changeling. Talking about watching two back to back depressing movies! Ugh! This brings me back when John and I rented "A Beautiful Mind" and "Vanilla Sky" movies and watched them back to back. Depressing! Although, when we watched BM and VS, we were questioning our sanity!

Grand Torino, with Clint Eastwood is a great movie and the ending rips your heart apart; Changeling makes you want to hug your kids and not let them go for a second or be apart from them. John and I were distraught after watching Changeling, questioning why people do cruel things to innocent children. This movie brought back memories of my early childhood and teenage years when I was once kidnapped, when I was followed by strange men on my way home from school constantly and other things I rather not mention.

I was telling John that I don't care what people think of my parenting skills or the way we choose to raise our girls, or if they think I am an over protective parent but events like these, reshape the way one views life and takes life in a different way. All I can do is to protect my precious girls with God's help as best as I can. -Sandra.

No comments: