Sunday, December 20, 2009

Movies We Watch

Movie: Persuasion. Based on Jane Austen's book.

I saw this movie three times!! My sister in law came to our house and watch it twice and she also loved it. If you have never heard of this one and want to see it, rent the 1995 version. Reviews said it was the best from the 2007. This movie is not as witty as P&P, however it moves somewhat slow but by the middle of it has you and the end has you in love with the main characters. I will watch the 2007 version as soon as i'm done reading the book. Yep, I bought it! I have to know what else I'm missing!

Our second movie: The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. A PBS TV Movie.

We rented this movie because Chuck Colson gave it a great review and he was right. The ending was heartbreaking. It is based on a Nazi family moving close to a Death Camp and the family boy coming in contact with a boy in the camp. The innocense of children reminds you how vulnerable they are. I don't want to say too much about this but it reminds you how much hatred can hurt people in awful ways. -Sandra.

No comments: