Thursday, March 17, 2011

5 Things About Me Today

1. I CAN RUN!!! I have been running a mile with about 5% Plantar Fasciitis pain! I'm so, so happy! It has taken me exactly two years to feel the joy of running again! I'm not pushing myself because I don't want to re-injured myself all over again, therefore, I am running about twice a week. My first week I ran the mile at 16.20, this week, I'm running the mile at 15.15!! I was at 9.24. It will be a long tough road but I will get close to 9.24, not sure if I can make it there again, but all I want right now is to run a 5K. I'm taking John and the girls with me!

2. I have been sewing even though I have not blog about it. I think this is why I have been posting less and less. My free time is being consumed in sewing bags. Yep, bags. I am currently making two bags, same design, two different fabrics. I will post when I'm done and hopefully, I will able to take great pictures of them to post on my Etzy shop. And I will also make appointments at Boutiques to sell them off. I guess this is a personal quest of mine. God willing, I will be successful at it. I'm in my zone when I'm sewing, creating, bleeding blood sewing. Just like when I run, I feel free, when I sew I feel creative.

John and I were watching Top Chef, All Stars, last night and one of the finalist said, "I hate everything I do! even though people love what I cook, I hate it, it is never good enough" I'm like, I do too, that's how I feel. No matter how great my sewing project has turn out, or how many wows I get, it is never good enough, all that goes through my mind is "I could have done better." Is like, I turn into a perfectionist and I can tell you right now, I'm far from a perfectionist!

3. It hasn't rain in Dallas in over a month. Everyone has allergies and my Asthma has gotten worse. I had to upgrade my medication just to be able to breath. I'm praying for rain. Not Tornadoes, not floods, just rain.

4. Lent is here and I have committed myself to self sacrifice once again. Not saying what I'm sacrificing but this time I'm not giving up anything tangible, just sort of  a spiritual sacrifice.

5. Anyone reading this, please continue on praying for the people of Japan.

God Bless!

Sandra.

2 comments:

D.Richmond said...

I'm so excited for you that you are running again! Enjoy!

The Seaman's said...

thank you!!!