Monday, January 12, 2009

Speed Training Class

To continue on and fulfill one of my 2009 resolutions, I had first decided to train for the Half Marathon, however, due to John's work schedule it was going to be impossible for me to make the morning training runs during the week, since John leaves home by 6:15am and be there for Sofia when she woke up.

So, I decided to join the Speed Class. This class helps you improve your 5K, 10K time. My best 5K time was at 32 minutes (two years ago pre-baby body.) Now, I would love to better my time and win my age group. Since I have never done this class, I was very nervous last week on our first day. I was lucky to see 4 of my former running buddies there with me that had also joined the speed class, they were also nervous. We are all nervous because we don't know what type of training we are about to get but if we were able to train for 8 miles, speed should be a walk in the park, or so we think.

Anyways, at the end of my Turkey Trot training, I was running at 9:34 the mile, last week they timed our mile run pace and I ran at 9:04 pace!!!!! I am actually getting better!!! I was impressed because I know I have gained Christmas/New Years/Vacation weight.

I ran solo this past Saturday, it was windy and cold (yes, it was Texas cold) so, it was cold enough for me to quit after 45 minutes, my goal was 70 minutes but, I didn't even feel a drop of sweat anywhere in me, mind you, it is very hard for me to sweat unless it is very hot, so, I decided that 45 minutes is good enough after three weeks of no exercise or running at all. Now, my next goal is to be consistent on my ab work..... -Sandra

No comments: