In honor of Hawaii's Statehood fifty-three years ago this August:
1. Hawaii’s nickname is the Aloha State. If your neighborhood were to be admitted as the fifty-first state, what would be its nickname?
Lone Star Neighborhood. (I know, lame.)
2. What do you own fifty of?
Quarters. I like to save quarters.
3. What’s the nicest beach you’ve been to?
A toss up between Cancun and Oahu, with the only difference Cancun has less jellyfish.
4. A pizza with ham and pineapple is often called a Hawaiian pizza (something that annoys many of us who live here and can’t stand that flavor combination). If you live in Hawaii, what should rightfully be called a Hawaiian pizza, and if you live elsewhere, what would go on the pizza named after your area?
Since I'm married to a Hawaiian native born, I would say a Hawaiian pizza should have Spam!
5. What mental and emotional states do you hope to attain this weekend?
Healthy state from my cold.