Thursday, April 16, 2009

John Madden retiring


John Madden is putting his telestrator away.
The veteran NFL broadcaster and Hall of Fame coach is retiring.
"It's time," Madden said in a statement. "I'm 73 years old. My 50th wedding anniversary is this fall. I have two great sons and their families and my five grandchildren are at an age now when they know when I'm home and, more importantly, when I'm not."
Madden's last broadcast was February's Super Bowl between Arizona and Pittsburgh.
Madden is reluctant to fly and often traveled to games in a specially equipped bus, but says that's not what's forcing him to quit.
"I still love every part of it - the travel, the practices, the game film, the games, seeing old friends and meeting new people," he said. "But I know this is the right time."
_______________________________

WHAT!!! NOOOO!!! The new NFL season this fall will not be the same without Madden. He will truly be missed! UGH! He is one truly irreplaceable guy! This might be stupid for some of you but this feels just like when Bob Barker from "The Price is Right" retired. I was devastated because on my summers off from school when I was younger and as an adult on my days off or when I was home sick, the only thing that I would watch on daytime TV was The Price is Right because Mr. Barker was truly awesome!!! I miss him too, since he retired I have not watched The Price is Right again. This sucks. -Sandra.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Legend NFL-retire!!!
73-year-old John Madden is calling it quits.
NBC said- he has decided to retire.See more here:John Madden-retire