Thursday, April 9, 2009

Passover


"Every year Jews worldwide celebrate Passover by reliving the story of the Exodus from Egypt. The Israelite slaves fled Egypt in haste and had to eat their bread before it had time to rise. Thus, on Passover Jews eat matzo, which is unleavened bread. "

--------

Last night my mom and I watched the classic movie "The Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston, we only got to watch Disc 1 out of 2 is a long movie and one of my favorites. John doesn't like the movie because of the acting, I just love it. Anyways, I don't care how many times I watch this movie it always brings tears in my eyes how faith and hope in the Lord can bring victory. But during the movie my mom kept saying "Charlton Heston was a handsome man." and I kept answering, "yes, mom he was very handsome." Indeed, he was a fine looking men, and a fine Christian, however, my mom and I were so touched when he went up to the sacred mountain and saw the burning bush and came down a changed man. Love how the Lord touches everyone and what's so cool is that it is different for everyone. Now, tomorrow night, It's "Passion of the Christ" movie night.
I remember coming out of the theather after watching it and I was numb. I couldn't believe why he went through all of that for me, what had I done for him? To deserve his love? It was an eye opener. I still cry when I see it but what I see now is the Lord's unconditional love for us. I have grown much since then in every way imaginable. My hope and prayer is that my children experience his love and forgiveness and are devoted to Him. -sandra

No comments: