Thursday, October 8, 2009

Baby Seaman Numero 2 - Update

Went to my Doctors appointment today and everything is fine. Total weight gain: 35 lbs!!!! Not bad! I don't know how I did it but it is very nice not to have gained so much weight like I did the first time around. I still have 3 1/2 weeks to go and a few more banana splits before I deliver and I'm already feeling pretty tired. I can't walk long distances because when I do, I start breathing pretty hard like I have just ran a marathon. My doctor told me it was my age...I said, you are kidding...he said no. So, I was reminded again that I'm almost 40 in a couple of years and that this pregnancy should be my last one. Which it is, but it is weird thinking that your body is slowing down. It sucks!

At any rate, tomorrow, I will be taking my flu shot, God willing, of course and my doctor also asked what I was doing to prevent a third pregnancy. I sincerely, didn't want to sit there and explain to him that I am a firm believer in the Rhythm Method and that it actually works, so he went ahead and gave me all this information about different forms of contraceptives. I am so bad at taking any type of pills, heck, I even forget to take my Advair in order to breath here in Texas! I'm sure I'm not the only one against contraception but if I am, that makes me unique, which I always strive for. -Sandra

2 comments:

D.Richmond said...

I had a baby at 41. She just turned 2 last Friday.

The pregnancy didn't affect me as much as the late nights and lack of sleep did after she was born.
That was harder for me to take.

It didn't help that I had a c-section with her either. I know others that bounced right back from that but it was harder for me to heal from. It took me a good 18months to feel good again.

Good luck with the delivering and I pray all goes well for both of you!

The Seaman's said...

wow! you are a tropper having a baby at 41. I can barely take it now. I was running after 8 weeks, slowly but it took me about 9 months to start feeling good. I'm not sure how i'm going to do this time around. I'm sure I'll write about it! -Sandra.