Sunday, March 14, 2010

Movies We Watch

We received these two movies Feb. 4th and we just got done watching them. So, glad we don't pay late fees anymore, our bill would have been sickening.

Movie: The Importance of Being Ernest

I watched this movie back in 2002 as part of my English 102 homework. I was not very much into Independent films, however, I felt in love with it and after 8 years, I decided to watch it again. John saw it with me then, but had no interest in watching a second time, even if it had been 8 long years! I was not really much into movies when I met John back in 1999, I don't remember seeing any at all, in fact, when I saw this movie again, I was surprise to see Colin Firth (Mr. Darcy) in this movie! Colin plays a wealthy man in love with a lady whose mother interviews every suitable man interested in her daughter.

At any rate, If you like English Comedy and want to see Colin Firth, he's fabulous in this movie as well. Must have the subtitles on just to understand the dialog; I swear they speak so fast, I had to rewind several times to read it. I will not spoil this movie, if anyone is still ready my blog, but I give it a 7.5 out of 10, for bad language, not suitable for kids, but ok to watch as a couple. No nudity at all.


Movie: Chicago

Love it! John, again, didn't want to see this movie with me either but by the last number of the movie he came to join me. Very interesting plot and all I have to say about this movie is that if you are a cheat, liar and murderer you come winning; if you are honest and innocent you come out hang and losing your marriage.

A very dark comedy about show business. Not for kids at all. I loved this movie because of the awesome dancing in this movie and upbeat, however, the message is not a very positive one.
I give it a big "zero" for family friendly.

No comments: