Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sofia's Potty Training

Sofia's Potty training is complete!! It took us exactly one month to get her 100% trained! Yes, and by that I mean she sleeps through the night and wakes up dry. Amazing! I take that back, she doesn't sleep through the night, Sofia wakes up once OR twice during the night and goes to the potty. This is why I have been drinking coffee!! She woke up at 3:00am this morning!!! This is where patience and lots of love kicks in.

Number 2 was really hard to train her on (stool.) Sofia really freaked out when she needed to do number 2 and even started to do it in her panties. I took action and talked to her. That didn't do it. So, I decided to take matters into my parental hands and told her that if she did it again, I was going to take her toys away. She did it again and the toys went away. She said to me, "mami, I don't my toys anymore." REALLY!!! She pooped in her panties again and I took all her books away. She said to me, "mami, I don't like books anymore." REALLY!!! She pooped in her panties again and I took away her favorite doll and her favorite blankie. This time she did cry. She can't sleep without them. Later on, she said, I don't want my baby and blankie anymore, mami." YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I have a very stubborn child! What could possibly send her to the edge and not resist anymore!?

ahhh!!! I took Sofia by the hand and said, "you love your brand new bike Daddy gave you for Christmas?" Sofia: "I love my bike, mami" Me: "Great! because if you poop in your panties again, I am going to give it away to the little boy who's standing outside of our house waiting for it."

SHE BELIEVED ME! It took Sofia two days to poop again, I loaded her up with lots and lots of fiber, by the way, Plum Juice is wonderful! She fought against her own poop, she was in so much pain, I decided to help her inserting a suppository. I had to do it!! and the rest is history!!!

As soon as she started pooping we gave her lots and lots of stickers! She is pooping machine now!

She's got about three gift bags where she puts her stickers on.



Your turn is coming Raquel. By the time I get to you, I will be a PRO!  

No comments: