Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sippy Cup Training

When Sofia's doctor announced two weeks ago that it was time to switch from the bottle to the cup, I wanted to cry. It felt like I was also attached to the bottle. I almost decided not to do it, but after successfully enrolling her at the Little Saints Catholic program for the upcoming fall, I had no choice. Little Saints wants all 18 month old children to be sippy cup trained. So, it was a struggle.

She was in desperation mode the first three days and so was I. Many times, I wanted to quit the cup and go straight to the bottle but my mom kept reminding me that it wouldn't be long before she adapted. It's almost two weeks and she's doing better. I am doing better too. I didn't think I was going to have bottle withdrawal but I did.

No comments: